With the clocks changing this weekend and a cooler feel in the air, it’s time to embrace the beautiful Autumn season with our steeds. Here are the five favourite things we love about living life with horses during the Autumnal months of the year:
Autumn with Horses:
- Beautiful hacking amongst the autumn leaves with the sound of the leaves crunching as your horse walks over them. There’s nothing quite like riding through the glorious colours of the countryside in the Autumn season. Combine this setting with a crisp sunny October morning and there is no better time to appreciate your surroundings.
- Our riding wardrobe is so much nice in the colder months! Let’s face it horse riding wear isn’t really made for the summer conditions – long boots, hats, back protectors, base layers, gloves etc. However when we get to Autumn we love putting all our stylish gear on and feeling warm and toasty underneath our lovely layers.
- Clipping or cuddly horses. Either way we love our horse’s coat during this time of year. If you have your horse clipped he’ll be looking super smart and stylish and no doubt raring to go! Alternatively if you leave your horse with his natural coat then he’ll be looking super cute, fluffy and perfect for endless cuddles.
- Softer ground. After the long hot summer it’s nice to be able to do more than walk hacking and enjoy completing your horse’s fitness work when out and about in the countryside.
- Photo opportunities. Now we’re no photography experts but this is a stunning time of year to capture shots of our horses. It doesn’t need a special setting or photo shoot. Whenever the weather is nice the surroundings look beautiful and it’s a wonderful time of year to take snap shots of your horse. We particularly love capturing moments at sunset or sunrise.